Shimano Koebi Chan Baitcaster Combo
Getting quality in a fishing combo is a guarantee with Shimano components. The Koebi Chan Baitcaster Combo is a brilliant entry-level Baitcaster fishing package that provides you access to all your Aussie favorites, with a focus on lure fishing. The reel and rod are suitable for both braid or mono, it’s up to you.
The graphite rod delivers excellent feel and performance on all levels, without the cost full graphite usually attracts. The Shimano Caius bait caster reel is packed with features yet available to you in this package at a very accessible price point.
Cast lures at the like of perch in the fresh. It’s a great combo for casting spinners at Yellow Belly. Fish the mudflats with a larger size soft plastic targeting flathead over the 60cm mark and at its 6-8kg rod rating line class it’s heavy enough for some average size mangrove jack, fingermark, and barramundi. The VBS cast brake system is very forgiving, and backlash is less likely when fishing light.
The rod length, though on the shorter side, still provides access from the banks as the Super free Spool technology featured on the reel promotes genuine length. It’s an ideal choice for the kayak angler and will definitely suit the tinny anglers.
Up to 11 pounds of drag and a super strong yet lightweight graphite rod, provides access to pretty sizable fish. If A big Mulloway strikes your lure, yep, you’re going to have your work cut out for you, but for Flathead, (even big ones) perch, Bass or buck Trout in the fresh or Jacks and barra from the mangroves in the north, you a very well equipped.
The Koebi Chan Baitcaster Combo for sale now will suit all baitcaster skill levels, but those new to baitcasting will be very impressed. The Koebi Chan Baitcaster Combo is a classy performance-driven outfit that gets you on the water for well under a couple of hundred dollars. For this type of Shimano quality, it just doesn’t get better.
Features and Specifications
- Shimano Koebi Chan Baitcaster Combo
- Lightweight blank construction
- Sensitive graphite blank ideal for lure fishing
- Ideal for the Kayak angler, boat or land-based fisho
- Suitable for freshwater or saltwater fishing perch and flathead through to mangrove jack, yellowbelly, fingermark, queenfish, and barramundi.
About the reel: Supplied in this Shimano baitcast combo is the Caius 150A Baitcaster, It sports a quick 6.3:1 gear ratio, 3+1 bearing system, 11lb max drag and weighs in at approximately 7.2 ounces. Line is not included but can be purchased separately the approx. braid capacity on the reel is 150yds/20lb or 135yds of 30lb. If fishing mono the approx. line capacity is 120yds/10lb or 90yds of 14lb. Braid is our personal recommendation. Other features in the reel include super free spool, VBS Centrifugal casting brake system and high-efficiency gearing technologies.
About the rod: Supplied is the Shimano Koebi Chan baitcaster rod model 561BC which is 5ft 6 inches in length, 1 piece graphite blank. Line rating is 6-8kg
- The perfect combination for fishing lures in the fresh and the saltwater.
- Great beginners baitcaster for the angler new to baitcasting but with its impressive quality, it will suit anglers of all levels on an intermediate budget.
- A brilliant combination for all the Aussie favorites. The line rating of the rod coupled with 11 pounds of drag on the 150A provides access to sizable fish.
- HEG Technology delivers outstanding strength eliminating the flex that compromises gears while under load.
- VBS centrifugal braking delivers great control at the start of the cast when backlash is most likely. Ideal for those beginning with baitcasters, yet very effective for all skill levels.
- The Super Free Spool eliminates friction on the spool during the cast, allowing the angler to get the most out of casts, including distance and accuracy.
The Shimano Koebi Chan Baitcaster Combo is a very affordable entry into baitcasting. You get the benefits of a brilliant Shimano reel with a performance graphite rod at a better than entry-level price. Modern combos are simply better with Shimano.