Oztent Bunker Standard or XL
Is it a tent? A Stretcher? Or is it a swag? The Oztent Bunker, formally known as the Jet Tent Bunker, is a combination of all three. The intelligent design takes the best of all three camping utilities, blending them perfectly, to form superb one-person outdoor accommodation.
The heavy-duty steel cross leg stretcher gets you up off the ground. This feature is especially ideal for the wet weather because you avoid the infamous sodden tent floor. In winter, the elevation ensures you have an element of resistance from the icy cold frosty ground. In summer, the breeze flows underneath your bunker, keeping things a touch cooler as you sleep.
Set-up and pack-up are fast and easy. The Oztent Bunker is for the camper on the move. Slip it away in the waterproof carry bag and your set to head on to your next camping location.
The super-fine mesh keeps the bugs out – all of them. The fine mesh can be unzipped and removed should it need to be replaced or cleaned. The new zippered bug mesh is the most significant upgrade from the previous Jet Tent Bunker model.
The bed is a comfortable PVC coated polyester that will withstand the rigors of the outdoors while remaining as comfortable as it was on its first use.
The tent fabric is water-resistant, and the fly construction boasts waterproof ripstop polyester. Never mind the rain. You’ll stay dry and snug despite the elements best efforts to soak you.
The Oztent Bunker for sale now is your home away from home. Comfort, security, and convenience in a one-person mega swag that will enrich all of your camping adventures.
Features and Specifications
- Oztent Bunker Swag and bed in one
- Heavy-duty stretcher bed
- Heavy-Duty steel frame with cross steel legs for support
- Available in Standard or XL Size
- PVC Coated Polyester Bed 600d x 600d
- Fly (waterproof) is inclusive
- Carry bag
- Zippered mesh window panels / Superfine insect-proof mesh
- Impressive ventilation in hot weather
- Super easy to set up and pack up.
- Single person tent
- Max weight of person: 150kg
- Extremely comfortable stretcher tent bed.
- Light bed padding included (no need to purchase mattresses)
Note: Price is for one bunker only, pricing between models may vary. Multiple images are for illustrative purpose only.
Oztent Bunker Buyers Guide
So, we have two models for sale; The standard or the XL size. There are pros and cons to each and below is where you can learn more and decide which model to choose to purchase.
Standard Size Bunker
- Approximate size when set up: 200cm Long x 80cm Wide x 145cm High
- Approximate size when packed up: 109cm x 33cm x 32cm
- Approximate weight: 16Kg
- Tent material: 1000mm cotton / water resistant
- Fly Material: Ripstop polycotton canvas / waterproof
Pros and cons: (Pros) Much more durable heavier duty fly materials being cotton/canvas, slightly lighter to carry, (Cons) Slightly smaller bed and tent compared to XL
- Approximate size when set up: 210cm Long x 90cm Wide x 140cm High
- Approximate size when packed up: 113cm x 39cm x 19cm
- Approximate weight: 17Kg
- Tent material: 1000mm cotton / water resistant
- Fly Material: Ripstop Polyester / waterproof
Pros and cons: (Pros) More comfort due to a slightly larger bed and tent size, (Cons) Slightly heavier than the standard size, Fly material is not as heavy-duty compared to standard. Polyester material for the fly is used for unit weight reduction and to keep cost-competitive.
Despite being a one-person tent, the XL Size Jet Tent Bunker is capable of maximizing your comfort as is slightly roomier than the standard size Jet Tent Bunker Swag and is excellent for storing those extra bits and bobs with you in the cot whether it be a few books, iPod, laptop or anything else.
- The heavy-duty cross legs get you up off the ground. It keeps you fresh in summer, warm in winter and dry when it’s wet.
- The super-fine mesh keeps out the bugs while allowing excellent ventilation. The mesh can be removed for cleaning, replacement, and increased ventilation when the bugs are absent.
- You won’t be afraid to roll back the fly flaps on a hot night as the mesh screen offers complete protection from nasty insects.
- Fast and easy set-up and pack-down make this the ideal single man tent for those campers frequently on the move.
- The Waterproof fly and water-resistant tent fabric work in concert to keep you dry when the heavens rain on your parade.
- The fly can be pegged open partially or fully or can be zipped up entirely dependent on the weather and breeze.
- At 16/17kg the Oztent Bunker is no load to carry for such a robust and sturdy tent. Sleeping off the ground is a benefit worth a few extra kilograms.
- Oztent Bunkers are rated to take 150kg of weight so that this swag bunker will suit the average camper just fine.
This swag chamber is so easy to set up and can be unfolded and set up in mere seconds.
- Brilliant in all-terrain throughout the Aussie seasons. Great for beach camping, fishing trips by the dams and rivers, desert camping and exploring the mountains.
The Oztent Bunker is a product built tough for the adventurous solo explorer. Sleep off the ground protected by the elements and out of reach of the annoying biting insects. The Oztent Bunker for sale now is an outstanding Australian designed swag tent and camp bed all in one that will accompany you on countless outdoor expeditions.