Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Hatchet Backpack Axe
Weighing in at less than a liter of water, the Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Hatchet is worth much more than its weight in wood-gathering and shelter-building warmth.
With the bulk of the 1.4 pounds concentrated right behind the 3.5-inch razor sharp blade, you’ll feel a lot more chopping power than you’d expect from a 10-inch hatchet. Combining Gerber’s decades of experience crafting tools with Bear Grylls’ adventure knowledge, the hatchet’s sturdy stainless steel, full-tang construction stands up to the hardest tasks.
At the back of the head, you’ll find a crosshatched striking surface handy for everything from hammering tent steaks to tenderizing beefsteaks. The textured, rubberized grip will keep your hand firmly fixed on the handle, even after you’ve worked up a good sweat. And finger notches on the neck just below the head let you choke up securely on the axe for precise control during light duty tasks around camp, like feathering wood to start a fire.
The hatchet comes with its own military-grade, mildew-resistant sheath that straps to your pack or belt.
- 3.5-inch blade for swift, precise cuts
- Full-tang, high carbon steel construction for durability
- Ergonomic, non-slip rubber grip for comfortable, secure handling
- Military-grade, mildew-resistant nylon sheath with belt loops
- Bear Grylls “Priorities of Survival” Pocket Guide
- Rubber handle for grip in all conditions
- Backed by Gerber’s Lifetime Warranty (25 years outside of North America)
- Overall Length: 9.46“ (24cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5“ (8.9cm)
- Weight: 20.8 oz. (590g)
- Steel Type: 3Cr13MoV
- Handle Material: Polypropylene
- Nylon Sheath