Camping is a cherished outdoor activity that allows us to connect with nature, but sometimes, we crave a bit more comfort without sacrificing the experience. Enter glamping, where luxury meets the great outdoors. In Australia, a land of diverse landscapes and breathtaking scenery, glamping has taken root as the ideal way to explore nature while enjoying modern comforts. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore glamping destinations in each Australian state, highlighting the best places to find comfort in the wild. Whether you’re a seasoned camper or new to the world of glamping, these destinations offer the perfect blend of adventure and luxury.
New South Wales: Paperbark Camp, Jervis Bay
New South Wales offers a plethora of glamping options, but one standout destination is Paperbark Camp in Jervis Bay. Located just a few hours’ drive from Sydney, this coastal paradise is known for its pristine beaches and vibrant marine life. At Paperbark Camp, you’ll stay in luxury safari-style tents elevated on timber platforms.
- Accommodation: The tents are beautifully appointed with comfortable beds, private decks, and en-suite bathrooms. The raised platforms ensure that you’re nestled within the treetops, providing a sense of seclusion and tranquility.
- Activities: Explore the stunning beaches of Jervis Bay, go kayaking in the crystal-clear waters, or embark on a whale-watching adventure. Back at camp, enjoy gourmet meals at the on-site Gunyah Restaurant.
- Website: Paperbark Camp
Queensland: Spicers Canopy, Scenic Rim
For a glamping experience amidst the lush rainforests and rugged landscapes of Queensland, head to Spicers Canopy in the Scenic Rim. This eco-friendly retreat offers an unforgettable escape into nature.
- Accommodation: Stay in luxurious safari-style tents with comfortable king-size beds, en-suite bathrooms, and private decks. The tents are designed to blend seamlessly with the natural surroundings.
- Activities: Explore the Scenic Rim’s walking trails, go birdwatching, or simply relax by the campfire. The on-site chefs prepare gourmet meals using locally sourced ingredients.
- Website: Spicers Canopy
Victoria: Balgownie Estate Glamping, Yarra Valley
The Yarra Valley in Victoria is renowned for its wineries and picturesque landscapes. Balgownie Estate Glamping offers a unique way to experience this wine region’s beauty.
- Accommodation: Stay in luxurious, eco-friendly glamping tents with king-size beds, en-suite bathrooms, and private decks overlooking the vineyards.
- Activities: Explore the Yarra Valley’s wineries, indulge in wine tasting, and savor gourmet cuisine at Rae’s Restaurant. Don’t miss a sunrise hot air balloon ride for a breathtaking view of the valley.
- Website: Balgownie Estate Glamping
South Australia: Rawnsley Park Station Eco-Villas, Flinders Ranges
For a taste of the Australian outback with a touch of luxury, head to Rawnsley Park Station Eco-Villas in the Flinders Ranges of South Australia.
- Accommodation: These eco-villas are nestled on a private ridge, offering stunning panoramic views of Wilpena Pound. Each villa features modern amenities, a fully equipped kitchen, and a spa bath.
- Activities: Explore the rugged beauty of the Flinders Ranges with guided tours, go bushwalking, or take a scenic flight over Wilpena Pound. Stargazing in this remote location is a must.
- Website: Rawnsley Park Station Eco-Villas
Western Australia: Sal Salis, Ningaloo Reef
Western Australia’s Ningaloo Reef is a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site known for its stunning coral reefs and marine biodiversity. Sal Salis offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in this natural wonder.
- Accommodation: Stay in eco-luxe wilderness tents nestled among the dunes, just steps away from the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. Each tent features a comfortable bed and an en-suite eco-bathroom.
- Activities: Snorkel with manta rays and whale sharks, explore the vibrant coral reefs or take a guided wilderness hike. At night, unwind with stargazing and the soothing sound of the ocean.
- Website: Sal Salis
Tasmania: Bay of Fires Bush Retreat, Bay of Fires
Tasmania’s Bay of Fires is renowned for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and stunning coastal landscapes. The Bay of Fires Bush Retreat offers a unique glamping experience in this picturesque region.
- Accommodation: Stay in eco-friendly glamping tents nestled within the native bushland. Each tent features comfortable beds, private decks, and access to shared facilities.
- Activities: Explore the Bay of Fires’ white sandy beaches, go kayaking, or embark on guided tours to discover the area’s rich wildlife and natural beauty.
- Website: Bay of Fires Bush Retreat
Northern Territory: Longitude 131°, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
Few places on Earth are as iconic as Uluru, and Longitude 131° offers a luxurious way to experience this natural wonder. This glamping destination is the epitome of outback luxury.
- Accommodation: Stay in lavish tented pavilions with views of Uluru from your bed. Each pavilion offers a private balcony, a king-size bed, and a modern en-suite bathroom.
- Activities: Explore Uluru and Kata Tjuta on guided tours, dine under the stars at Table 131°, and immerse yourself in the rich Indigenous culture of the area.
- Website: Longitude 131°
Australian Capital Territory: Bubbletent Australia, Canberra Region
For a unique glamping experience in the Australian Capital Territory, Bubbletent Australia offers a one-of-a-kind adventure. These transparent, inflatable bubbles provide an immersive stargazing experience.
- Accommodation: Stay in your own private bubble with a transparent roof, allowing you to stargaze from the comfort of your bed. Each bubble features basic amenities and solar-powered lighting.
- Activities: Enjoy the tranquility of the countryside, go for nature walks, and spend your nights stargazing in this secluded location.
- Website: Bubbletent Australia
Australia’s diverse landscapes provide the perfect backdrop for unforgettable glamping experiences. Whether you’re seeking coastal luxury, outback adventure, or a wine country retreat, these glamping destinations in each Australian state offer a taste of the extraordinary. So, pack your bags, leave the ordinary behind, and embark on a glamping journey that combines the best of nature with the comforts of home. Your adventure awaits, and comfort is assured in the great outdoors.